The Dragon? Or the Slayer?

Growing up no one wants to be the villain.  Because the villain in most stories is there to be caught, killed, defeated.  Who wants that?  But we have our own stories to tell, whatever role we are made to play.  Upon the stage of existence, we are all actors.  What role we play is up to us.  Who are you?  Are you a hero, or the bad man.

I choose to be the hero, even if others cannot see me in that role.  I choose to be more than I was meant to be, despite knowing I am not made of steel for muscles, not a genius for IQ, and, not a beautiful man, for charisma.  What others call hero, I might not be.  But I am here to slay the dragon that I've been hunted by, I am not here to be anything for society, I am here to serve the king. 

"Saint George became an officer in the Roman army in the Guard of Diocletian, who ordered his death for failing to recant his Christian faith."

My faith to my king will never come in conflict with my faith, since they are identical.  I am not a hero.  What I am is a person who serves.


Comments

Popular Posts