Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cancer.

TMI warning.  I am about to discuss my precancer diagnosis symptoms.  They include my health issues.  If you do not like hearing about such, don't tell me TMI, or that I am consumed with my own affairs.  This is blog is about the subject of my journey, so, kindly either cast your gaze elsewhere, or be prepared.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 
-Romans 8:18

When I learned I had cancer it wasn't the sort of cancer everyone who knew what I was going through thought I'd have.  I had near daily, at least 3 out of every 4 days, diarrhea to the amount of 20 or more runs to the restroom.   The most I had was 50 runs in a day.  I had some darker red blood happening too.  I was miserable.  I was not happy in any way.  The health issues were not limited to the bathroom.  I had hip issues.  I had spine micro-fractures.  I had sciatic nerves that were crushed and they never stopped being triggered and firing.  I lost MANY nights of sleep.


So, I was in pain, I couldn't sleep, and I was shitting myself silly.  Repeated trips to the doctor led to many scans, treatments, and nothing helped. After a clear colonoscopy and a clear lower GI, the doctor in question said I would've bet you had colon cancer.  But, she added, lets do a upper GI and a couple other scans to be diligent.  And the scans revealed I had several small peach sized lymph nodes.  I had lymphoma which is cancer of the lymph nodes.


My life was saved by my doctor, absolutely no question in my mind about that.  I received immediate care, and it was the correct course of treatment.  But, my body lost 80 lbs, and I couldn't stop shitting.  It was telling my doctor, something is wrong, and if you don't do something, who knows what I'll do next.  In fact, who knows, maybe this guy's dick will just fall off.

Thank goodness, it is still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You rebel you

I am often told that I think too much.  When in my mind people do not think enough.  I am told I feel too much.  When in my mind people d...