That truth that is burning inside

“What have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
By this, and this only, we have existed.”
― T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land




















There is a conflict inside with people.  Acquire, consume, find, destroy?  Help, harvest and share, live with less, help with hope?  We are only gifted the one life, unless you are Lazarus.*  So how do you live it?  Do you harvest and help? Or acquire and consume?  Do you assume that life is for partying, or for helping others?














I was a memory before I became a ghost before I became free.  You have to remember, every person trapped in the material world, by their flesh cage is holding on to their winnings in a meaningless lottery.  They don't get to keep it.  Ever.
















 So, when I die people will remember me.

Then my words about the world will haunt them.

And then, they'll see that I was right, and that I am free.

* (After he had said this, he went on to tell them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up." John 11:11)



Comments

Popular Posts