Life or Death is not for you to choose

It is written that the last enemy to be vanquished is death. We should begin early in life to vanquish this enemy by obliterating every trace of the fear of death from our minds. Then can we turn to life and fill the whole horizon of our souls with it, turn with added zest to all the serious tasks which it imposes and to the pure delights which here and there it affords.

Felix Adler


For certain is death for the born
And certain is birth for the dead;
Therefore over the inevitable
Thou shouldst not grieve.

Bhagavad Gita


Timor mortis morte pejor
(The fear of death is worse than death)
Robert Burton


I was told by doctors on four occasions that I should have died from what I've faced.  If I had maybe life would be better for some people, or maybe it would be worse, I do not know.  Destiny is something I am told by various people doesn't exist.  Some people choose to believe that we create our own destiny, others believe it lays waiting for us to find it and fulfill it.  Based upon the knowledge that I should not be here, for a number of reasons, I wonder why I linger.  What is waiting for me?  Why was I allowed or kept from death?

Comments

Popular Posts