The Pooch has been Screwed.


I believe in democracy, I believe in the dignity of the individual human right to express.   I am very frustrated that in this election cycle I've been threatened by people, who wrongly assume I support a candidate they despise, and try to have my work, comments, posts and such, removed.  The American left is the culprit, and for me, this is an enormous betrayal.  The idea of free speech is one that includes the concept that anything limiting it makes it unfree.  To me when the supporters of Bernie have attacked me, tried having my posts deleted, my blog censored, my ideas banned, they made their goals clear.  They are saying if they are being honest, that even if they are wrong they want no one able to speak in any way differently.  I refuse this idea.  I've endured and accepted numerous attacks, due to the idea that, I have a way to respond.  This is, in fact, my response.


And despite all this, I am not a Trump supporter.  I disagree with many of his ideas, comments, promises for the future.  I believe that immigrants are a resource, not a problem.  I believe that illegal entry to the country is an issue, but the concept of people entering the country to work and participate in the country is a good thing.   The idea of a wall is not wrong, a country has a right to build such a thing and there are countries who are great who have done similar things.  It is wrong, however, to say it is the fault of the other country that immigrants come in illegally.  This is my thought, if you put up a wall, and the immigrant flood stops, then watch how soon the signs for help wanted go up on businesses.  We've removed over 50 million possible entrants into the past two generations' work force, through abortion, and the concept that the non aborted of those generations will do the labor that immigrants do is almost certainly a tragic comedy.

I am not suggesting anything here.  I believe a wall is reasonable, a country has a right to build a barrier on its border.  I just believe that if the flood stops, other events will happen.

People say Trump hates women.   I think this is possibly false.  It is possibly false because it isn't the whole picture.  I believe he hates humanity.  He wishes it to be sanitized for his protection.  Some would argue that his debate performances wherein he took issue with the Fox News woman anchor was proof of his hatred.  I saw it as his refusal to be interrogated by a woman, for a news channel that had what he would think was an agenda to keep him from winning.  I cannot say anything positive about Trump and his view of women, but really, I am not a Trump supporter or apologist.

As a person who has lived a conservative existence, I am often told that people ASSUME that I am a card carrying Republican.  I am not.  I am also, for the record, not a Libertarian.  I won't go into detail, but who I am politically is a person who votes for who I consider to be the most moral leader.  And thus in 2016 I am completely screwed. 

I have heard that Clinton's Email issues are just mild mistakes, from Democrats.  I've heard that what she has done is treason, from Republicans.   Sanders wishes to do many things with money drawn from many new taxes, almost all upon the wealthy.  Having seen the charts and graphs of who pays how much of the taxes in America, I can understand those who say that what Sanders wants is both implausible for the modern world, and would likely shitcan the economy for a long time.  I am not, however, an economist.  I believe he is a moral person however, and between Clinton and Sanders, I would unabashedly vote for Sanders, if that was allowed to be my choice.  (It isn't a choice here, just saying, between the two...)

Trump stands alone on the right, and I cannot, will not vote for him.  Therefore I am compelled to vote 3rd party and throw my vote away.  People say I am not throwing it away, but in a two party system voting anything but the two majority parties is spitting into the wind.

I hope this clarifies why I am screwed in 2016. 


Comments

Popular Posts